No injuries reported after building in Aberdeen collapses overnight
ABERDEEN, S.D. (Dakota News Now) - The Aberdeen Fire Rescue responded to a fire alarm call on Main Street around 11:06 p.m. on Friday to find a historical building had collapsed.
Details are limited at this time, but the Aberdeen Fire Rescue said there was nobody in the building and no injuries were reported. Early reports revealed that the second and third floors of the building collapsed into the first floor.
The building, located at 114 South Main Street, was set to be renovated in the near future.
According to a resident who lives nearby, the Alonzo Ward Hotel was briefly evacuated for a gas leak following the collapse. The Habitat for Humanity building located to the south of the collapsed structure is still currently closed.
This is a developing story and more information is expected.
Copyright 2023 KSFY. All rights reserved.