OYO: Cheesecake in a Traeger
Published: Jul. 14, 2023 at 8:19 AM CDT
SIOUX FALLS, S.D. (Dakota News Now) - This morning, Doug and Aaron learn you can do more than smoke meat in your Traeger grill. You can also make a cheesecake!
What You Need
- 2 tablespoons unsalted butter, softened
- 24 ounces cream cheese (room temperature)
- 1 1/4 cup granulated sugar
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 2 eight (8) ounce cans of Pillsbury Butter Flake Crescent Rolls
- 1/2 cup (1 stick) unsalted butter, melted
- ground cinnamon for taste
What to Do
- When you’re ready to cook, set the Traeger temperatures to 350°F and preheat with the lid closed for 15 minutes. Grease a 9 x 13-inch baking dish with the softened butter.
- In a bowl, combine the cream cheese, one cup of sugar, and the vanilla. Mix until smooth, approximately 60 to 90 seconds.
- Unroll one can of crescent roll dough into the baking dish, making sure to press together any gaps between the seams. Pour the cream cheese filling over the crescent rolls and spread in an even layer. Unroll the second sheet of crescent roll dough over the filling, pressing together any gaps in the seams. Pour the melted butter evenly over the top, then sprinkle with 1/4 cup of sugar and a light dusting of cinnamon.
- Place the baking dish on the grill grates. Close the lid and bake until the top is brown and starting to crisp, approximately 45 to 50 minutes. Remove from the grill and let cool for 5 to 10 minutes, allowing the filling to set.
- Serve warm or cold.
Copyright 2023 KSFY. All rights reserved.