Ronald McDonald House and Dakota Dachshund Rescue team up for ‘Find the Queen of Hearts’ fundraiser
SIOUX FALLS, S.D. (Dakota News Now) - The Ronald McDonald House has partnered with Dakota Dachshund Rescue to raise funds by locating the Queen of Hearts in a deck.
The game, which is similar to Chase the Ace, only has 22 envelopes of cards remaining. The Jackpot has reached over $85,000 and is still growing. Drawings happen every week at JJ’s Wine, Spirits & Cigars at 7:11PM and will continue each week until someone uncovers the Queen of Hearts.
Each week, one ticket is drawn from weekly sales. That ticket will have a name and an envelope number on it. If the envelope contains the Queen of Hearts, that person (or group of people) will win 50% of the Jackpot and 50% of the weekly sales for that week. The other 50% will be evenly divided with the Ronald McDonald House and Dakota Dachshund Rescue.
If the envelope does not contain the Queen of Hearts, the person (or group) will win 10% of the weekly sales for that week (typically over $500). The other 90% goes into the Jackpot for the next week’s drawing.
Mike Broderick with Ronald McDonald House Charities of South Dakota and Rodger Lacey with Dakota Dachshund Rescue stopped into Dakota News Now on Monday morning to give more details on the fundraiser.
Copyright 2023 KSFY. All rights reserved.