10 students chosen to participate in 4th annual KSFY Media Camp
Ten students from around the region have been chosen to participate in the 4th annual KSFY Media Camp on June 11-15.
The free, week-long camp hosted with the Washington Pavilion will give kids an introduction to television news production.
Students will learn about many aspects of television news, including reporting, writing, video production and advertising.
The kids will produce their own five-minute newscast, which will be aired at the end of KSFY News at 5:00 and 6:00 on June 15.
They will also work with the sales department to develop a sales plan, so they can find an advertiser to sponsor their newscast.
The following students will be participating in the KSFY Media Camp. The list includes the school they will be attending in the fall:
- Haili Cornell, CTE/Parker, Augustana University
- Tanner Dykstra, Sibley-Ocheyedan, 12th grade
- Caleb Miller, Lincoln, 9th grade
- Maddy Morgan, Washington, 12th grade
- Layssa Pena, CTE/Lincoln, 11th grade
- Garrett Satterly, Colman-Egan, 11th grade
- Katelyn Sterling, Tri-Valley, 12th grade
- Cade Stratman, CTE/Roosevelt, 12th grade
- Taleah Ware, CTE/Lincoln, 11th grade
- Landyn Welch, O’Gorman, 12th grade
All students participating in the KSFY Media Camp submitted an application and a “demo tape” to show their on-camera skills.
Students were selected based on their course work in school, their audition and their interest in a future career in television.