Harrisburg superintendent search narrowed down to 33 candidates
The Harrisburg School District Board of Education is getting closer to finding its new superintendent.
McPherson & Jacobson, L.L.C., Executive Recruitment and Development has been assisting the board with its search since October.
After a deadline of Jan. 28, the board received 33 applications, including the following:
• 9 female and 24 male candidates
• 13 with an educational doctorate, 15 with an educational specialist degree and 5 with a masters plus hours
• 23 with superintendent experience and 10 without
• 11 currently in South Dakota
• Other applicants are currently in Arkansas, Arizona, Colorado North Dakota (2), Wisconsin, Minnesota, New Jersey, Nebraska (3), New York, Iowa (4), Missouri, Wyoming, Oregon, Virginia and Texas (2).
Finalists for the position will be selected on Feb. 19, and interviews will be conducted on Feb. 21, 25, 26 and 27.
A selection will be made by Feb. 28.
The new superintendent will begin work on/about July 1.