SDSU student accidentally fires gun in dorm room

BROOKINGS, S.D. (KSFY) - A South Dakota State University student could face discipline after a gun accidentally fired in a campus dorm room.

The university tells KSFY News the student was cleaning his gun last week after hunting and it discharged.

No one was injured.

Having a gun on campus is against the university's policy, but students can store firearms with the campus police department.

The incident will be reviewed by university officials.