UCLA vs. Oklahoma Women's Basketball Predictions & Picks - NCAA Tournament Second Round
Published: Mar. 19, 2023 at 10:42 AM CDT|Updated: 8 hours ago
Monday's contest features the UCLA Bruins (26-9) and the Oklahoma Sooners (26-6) squaring off at Pauley Pavilion (on March 20) at 10:00 PM. This matchup, according to our computer prediction, will result in a 75-71 victory for UCLA.
The Bruins are coming off of a 67-45 victory against Sacramento State in their last outing on Saturday.
UCLA vs. Oklahoma Game Info
- When: Monday, March 20, 2023 at 10:00 PM ET
- Where: Pauley Pavilion in Los Angeles, California
- How to Watch on TV: ESPN2
Use this link to get a free trial of fuboTV, where you can watch college hoops and other live sports without cable!
UCLA vs. Oklahoma Score Prediction
- Prediction: UCLA 75, Oklahoma 71
UCLA Schedule Analysis
- The Bruins' signature victory this season came against the Stanford Cardinal, a squad ranked inside the AP's Top 25 (No. 5). The Bruins secured the 69-65 win at a neutral site on March 3.
- Against Quadrant 1 teams, the Bruins are 9-9 (.500%) -- tied for the 11th-most wins, but also tied for the 38th-most defeats.
- UCLA has six wins against Quadrant 2 teams, tied for the 22nd-most in the nation.
UCLA 2022-23 Best Wins
- 69-65 over Stanford (No. 5/AP Poll) on March 3
- 80-63 over Tennessee (No. 24/AP Poll) on November 20
- 73-59 over Arizona (No. 25/AP Poll) on March 2
- 72-65 over South Dakota State (No. 27) on November 19
- 73-66 on the road over Washington State (No. 23/AP Poll) on January 22
Oklahoma Schedule Analysis
- When the Sooners beat the Iowa State Cyclones (No. 17 in the AP's Top 25) on January 8 by a score of 82-79, it was their signature victory of the season so far.
- The Sooners have tied for the 19th-most Quadrant 1 victories in the nation (seven).
- When facing Quadrant 2 teams, Oklahoma is 8-1 (.889%) -- tied for the 11th-most wins.
- The Bruins have tied for the 68th-most Quadrant 3 wins in the nation based on the RPI (six).
Oklahoma 2022-23 Best Wins
- 82-79 at home over Iowa State (No. 17/AP Poll) on January 8
- 69-59 at home over Ole Miss (No. 18) on December 4
- 98-92 on the road over Baylor (No. 34) on February 7
- 80-74 at home over Kansas (No. 38) on January 14
- 86-80 on the road over Kansas (No. 38) on February 19
Watch college hoops all season on all your devices without cable with a seven-day free trial on fuboTV!
UCLA Performance Insights
- The Bruins outscore opponents by 8.7 points per game (scoring 70.1 points per game to rank 83rd in college basketball while giving up 61.4 per contest to rank 96th in college basketball) and have a +305 scoring differential overall.
- UCLA is tallying 67.7 points per game this year in conference action, which is 2.4 fewer points per game than its season average (70.1).
- When playing at home, the Bruins are scoring 3.9 more points per game (71.3) than they are on the road (67.4).
- In 2022-23, UCLA is giving up 58 points per game in home games. In away games, it is allowing 65.4.
- The Bruins have seen a decrease in scoring recently, putting up 67.6 points per game in their last 10 contests, 2.5 points fewer than the 70.1 they've scored this season.
Oklahoma Performance Insights
- The Sooners put up 84.5 points per game (second in college basketball) while allowing 75.2 per contest (353rd in college basketball). They have a +297 scoring differential and outscore opponents by 9.3 points per game.
- Oklahoma has averaged 0.8 fewer points in Big 12 action (83.7) than overall (84.5).
- The Sooners are putting up more points at home (84.7 per game) than away (84.6).
- At home, Oklahoma gives up 71.3 points per game. Away, it concedes 79.8.
- The Sooners have performed worse offensively in their last 10 games, tallying 80.2 points per contest, 4.3 fewer points their than season average of 84.5.
© 2023 Data Skrive. All rights reserved.