Twins vs. White Sox Probable Starting Pitchers Today - September 17
The Minnesota Twins (78-71) and Chicago White Sox (57-92) do battle on Sunday at 2:10 PM ET.
The Twins will give the nod to Sonny Gray (7-7, 2.91 ERA), who is eyeing win No. 8 on the season, and the White Sox will counter with Dylan Cease (7-7, 4.92 ERA).
Bet Now: Get the latest odds for this matchup and pitcher props on BetMGM. New depositors can use bonus code "GNPLAY" for special offers!
Twins vs. White Sox Pitcher Matchup Info
- Date: Sunday, September 17, 2023
- Time: 2:10 PM ET
- TV: NBCS-CHI
- Location: Chicago, Illinois
- Venue: Guaranteed Rate Field
- Live Stream: Watch this game on Fubo!
- Probable Pitchers: Gray - MIN (7-7, 2.91 ERA) vs Cease - CHW (7-7, 4.92 ERA)
Explore More About This Game
|Twins Injury Report|
|Twins vs White Sox Betting Trends & Stats|
|How to Watch Twins vs White Sox|
|Twins vs White Sox Odds|
|Twins vs White Sox Prediction|
Twins Probable Starting Pitcher Tonight: Sonny Gray
- Gray (7-7) will take the mound for the Twins, his 30th start of the season.
- The right-hander's last appearance was on Monday, when he threw four innings against the Tampa Bay Rays, giving up one earned run while allowing six hits.
- The 33-year-old has an ERA of 2.91 and 8.9 strikeouts per nine innings, with a batting average against of .229 in 29 games this season.
- He has started 29 games this season, earning a quality start (6 or more IP, 3 or fewer ER) in 15 of them.
- Gray has made 26 starts of five or more innings in 29 chances this season, and averages 5.8 frames when he pitches.
- In 29 appearances this season, he has finished six without allowing an earned run.
Sonny Gray vs. White Sox
- The White Sox have scored 612 runs this season, which ranks 27th in MLB. They have 1216 hits, 21st in baseball, with 161 home runs (19th in the league).
- The White Sox have gone 10-for-43 with a double and two RBI in two games against the right-hander this season.
White Sox Probable Starting Pitcher Tonight: Dylan Cease
- Cease (7-7) gets the starting nod for the White Sox in his 31st start of the season. He has a 4.92 ERA in 159 2/3 innings pitched, with 191 strikeouts.
- The righty last pitched on Tuesday against the Kansas City Royals, when he tossed 5 1/3 innings, allowing one earned run while giving up four hits.
- The 27-year-old has put up an ERA of 4.92, with 10.8 strikeouts per nine innings in 30 games this season. Opponents are hitting .256 against him.
- Cease enters the game with 10 quality starts under his belt this season.
- Cease is trying for his fourth straight outing lasting five or more innings. He averages 5.3 innings per start.
- He has held his opponents without an earned run in two of his 30 appearances this season.
- Among qualifying pitchers in MLB action this season, the 27-year-old ranks 43rd in ERA (4.92), 47th in WHIP (1.465), and sixth in K/9 (10.8).
Dylan Cease vs. Twins
- He will take the hill against a Twins offense that ranks 20th in the league with 1219 total hits (on a .241 batting average). The squad also slugs a collective .424 (10th in the league) with 211 total home runs (fifth in MLB action).
- Cease has pitched 16 innings, giving up six earned runs on 11 hits while striking out 21 against the Twins this season.
Not all offers available in all states, please visit BetMGM for the latest promotions for your area. Must be 21+ to gamble, please wager responsibly. If you or someone you know has a gambling problem, contact 1-800-GAMBLER.
© 2023 Data Skrive. All rights reserved.